Call for Papers
The grudis (Portuguese Network of Accounting Research) conference today holds a prominent place in Accounting research in Portugal. Since its inception in 2002, grudis has made an important contribution to the promotion of accounting research, with conferences playing the main moment of interaction of its members.
The XVIII grudis Conference and Doctoral Colloquium will be held at the School of Management and Technology of Santarém (Portugal), on the 1st and 2nd February 2019. The grudis Conference will be preceded by a Doctoral colloquium.
The XVIII grudis Conference and Doctoral Colloquium is supported by the European Accounting Association (EAA).
▪ To promote the production of quality scientific research in accounting.
▪ To provide participants with a plenary session led by a prestigious international guest speaker.
▪ To provide early-stage researchers with a discussion of their research projects.
▪ To contribute to the development of papers through their constructive discussion.
▪ To develop presentation skills and critical evaluation of scientific papers.
▪ To further develop contact between members of the accounting scientific community.
Researchers in accounting, post-graduate students (Master and PhD level) and anyone with an interest in accounting research.
The XVIII grudis Conference and Doctoral Colloquium is open to anyone interested in accounting research. However, submitting full papers and research projects is restricted to members of grudis (or co-authored with grudis members) and members of the European Accounting Association (EAA). Please contact us at email@example.com if you do not meet the above requirements.
We will accept full papers and research projects written in Portuguese and English. Papers must be presented in the same language in which they were written.
▪ Submission (full text): 15th November 2018.
▪ Acceptance for presentation: up to the 21st December 2018.
▪ Registration of authors with papers/projects accepted for presentation: until 28th December 2018.
▪ General registration: First phase until 11th January 2019; Second phase until 31st January 2019.
Doctoral Colloquium (1st February)
The Doctoral Colloquium will feature the presentation of doctoral research projects. This event provides doctoral students (grudis or EAA members) with the opportunity to present and discuss their research projects and/or the preliminary results of their research.
Projects should contain a brief description of the research problem, the research methodology to adopt, the data to be used and the appropriate collection process, the expected results and any difficulties in project execution. If preliminary results already exist, they must also be provided.
In general, research projects can be presented only once in the Doctoral Colloquium. A second presentation may be accepted when there are fundamental changes in the research project. The authors of the research projects should participate in the poster session during the conference.
All presented research projects will be evaluated by a discussant. The Doctoral Colloquium is open to the participants attending the conference.
Conference (2nd February)
The conference will feature the presentation of full papers and a poster session of the research projects presented at the Doctoral Colloquium.
Presentation of full papers: The grudis Conference provides the opportunity for the presentation and discussion of full papers (at least one author must be a grudis or an EAA member). Full papers should not have been presented in previous grudis conferences or, if so, must contain fundamental changes. Each submitted full paper will be discussed by one discussant.
Poster session: This session is intended for the display of all the research projects presented at the Doctoral Colloquium and aims to promote the dissemination of research of PhD students, creating opportunities for the constructive discussion of ideas with the Conference participants and the development of skills to synthesise ideas.
Acceptance of communications only becomes final after registration at the Conference of at least one of the authors of the paper within the period set by the organizing committee.
Professor Teemu Malmi
Aalto University School of Economics
Department of Accounting and Finance
The keynote speaker of the XVIII grudis Conference is Professor Teemu Malmi, from the Accounting and Finance Department of the Aalto University (Finland).
Professor Teemu Malmi has a broad research curriculum in Accounting, with emphasis on organizational theory applied to management accounting research and management control systems. His work has been published in leading accounting journals such as: Accounting, Organizations and Society; Management Accounting Research; Accounting & Finance; European Accounting Review; Critical Perspectives on Accounting; and Journal of Management Accounting Research.
Professor Teemu Malmi is also an Associated Editor of the European Accounting Review and member of the Editorial Board of Management Accounting Research and Journal of Management Control.
Submission and selection
Submission should take place by e-mail, attaching two files in PDF format with the following information:
• The first pdf file should contain the identification and affiliation of the author(s) and the full version of the paper;
• The second pdf file must contain only the full version of the paper, without any author identification. This will be the file that will be sent to the two reviewers.
Submissions must not exceed 15,000 words.
The email with the Word document or 2 PDF documents must be sent before the 15th November 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selection of full papers and research projects shall depend on the evaluation by two reviewers (double blind refereeing process).
Registration for the Conference is available HERE.
The registration rates are as follows:
|Data||grudis/EAA members||Other participants|
|Up to 11/01/2019||40€||80€|
Participation in the grudis Doctoral Colloquium is free for the Conference participants.
Registration during the Conference and Doctoral Colloquium is subject to a surcharge of 20 €.
The registration fee includes participation in sessions, coffee breaks, lunch (Saturday) and Certificates (presentation, discussants).
The programme of the Doctoral Colloquium and of the Conference is available HERE.
- Sofia Lourenço [ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa] (President)
- Paulo Alves [Católica Porto Business School]
- Teresa Eugénio [ESTG-IPLeiria]
- Rui Robalo [ESGT-IPSantarém]
- Members of grudis to be invited by the Coordination of the Scientific Commission.
Local organizing Committee
- Rui Robalo [ESGT-IPSantarém] (Convenor)
- Filipa Nogueira [ESGT-IPSantarém]
- João Teodósio [ESGT-IPSantarém]
School of Management and Technology [Polytechnic Institute of Santarém]
Complexo Andaluz, Apartado 295, 2001-904 Santarém, Portugal
GPS coordinates: 39º13’15.46″N; 8º41’14.72″W
Additional information and contacts:
The Organizing Committee can be contacted at email@example.com
More information on grudis activities can be found on www.grudis.pt (currently still in Portuguese only)